What we offer
- Lessons of Greek, Latin, Ancient History and Classical Civilisation taught in your school by highly motivated and enthusiastic staff.
- Teaching at a variety of levels in Key Stages 2-5: extra-curricular activities, clubs, GCSEs and A-Levels.
- Flexible teaching hours, including lunchtime and after school sessions.
- Reasonable rates: £50 per hour per lesson (please note that minimum booking is one hour per week, for one full term).
- Free taster lessons.
- Our own textbooks and supplementary course materials.
- Links with the University of Liverpool and its resources.
- Free places on the Liverpool Ancient Worlds Summer School to Year 12 Students considering a degree in the Department.
- Bursaries for existing or prospective teachers of ancient history in the participating schools to attend the 'Postgate and Walbank Ancient History Teachers' Courses'.
- End-of-year event at the University of Liverpool for participating students and staff.
Allocation of teaching hours may start at any point in the academic year but we ask for a minimum commitment of one full school term.
Please note that demand to participate in the project is high. The earlier you can register your interest, the better we will be able to accommodate your requests.
Other ways to get involved
We are equally keen to support your existing teaching of Classical subjects. Whether you want to increase uptake of Classical subjects at your school, enrich the learning experience of GCSE and A-Level students, or give A-Level students a taste of University studies, we are happy to help and establish links with your school.
We also offer a series of general or subject-specific talks, seminars and workshops on aspects of the Classical world on demand (prices are available upon request).