News about the latest developments on the project:
- To bring Classics to a wider audience, we started promoting Ancient History and Classical Civilization and delivered a number of taster lessons in different schools in the Summer Term 2013-14. This approach has been very successful, with Bellerive and Calderstones starting Ancient History lessons with us from September 2014. Bellerive will run at least one GCSE Ancient History group and Ormiston Bolingbroke Academy started Classical Civilization lessons for Year 7 pupils.
- In 2014 we managed to secure two external grants which were used to purchase teaching materials to enhance teaching and learning:
- a £500 grant from Friends of Classics
- a £260 grant from the Society for the Promotion of Hellenic Studies.
- In Academic Session 2014-15 we organised two training days delivered by specialists for teachers of Classics and any teachers who were interested in teaching classical subjects.