The need we all have to stay connected feels stronger than ever before. To help our global alumni family stay in touch, we have created a number of online initiatives. Whether you want to continue learning, build your networks or stay updated with University news and research, we’re here to keep you connected, wherever you are in the world.
Join our online events and cultural activities
- Stay up to date with our upcoming virtual events by visiting our alumni events page. Here you can also catch up on some of our fantastic events, such as the Liverpool Literary Festival opened by alumna Professor Dame Carol Ann Duffy (BA Hons Philosophy 1977, Hon LittD 2007); Professor Tom Solomon’s Scouse Science podcast or hear from our leading academics and supporters in our Liverpool Responds series.
- Enjoy our popular Lunchtime Concerts series from the Department of Music, an opportunity to engage with new and familiar repertoire through mini documentaries and sessions with performers and composers. Last season’s orchestral concerts by the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic can also be enjoyed online.
Hilary Browning, cellist with Ensemble 10/10
- The Victoria Gallery and Museum has reimagined its engagement to a virtual setting, whereby you can access online exhibitions, tours and activities for all of the family to enjoy.
- The new COVID-19 Culture Hub, in partnership with Liverpool City Council, hosts a variety of fascinating apps, activities and resources on the topics of art and creativity, history, teaching and learning, and music.
Continue your learning
- The Continuing Education Department has launched a brand-new programme of fascinating short courses and events, which have now developed to an online teaching model, allowing our alumni the opportunity to sign up at a reduced fee on most courses. The programme covers a diverse range of subjects, from Irish History and Literature to Neurofinance, and Technical Programming to Creative Writing.
- We have a new range of online postgraduate taught and Professional Development programmes allowing you to continue your University of Liverpool education wherever you are in the world. Our online courses feature interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe.
Connect with others in your University of Liverpool community
- Make the most of our online networks to connect with fellow alumni from around the world socially or professionally.
- Our exclusive online networking and mentoring platform, Liverpool Connect, can bring you together with thousands of University of Liverpool graduates from around the world to build your networks, share experience and gain career insights.
- You can also join the new digital careers platform, Handshake, helping you to connect with employers and discover graduate job vacancies.
- If you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to follow our social media channels for the latest news and updates from our global alumni community and your alma mater. You can follow @LivUniAlumni on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Back to: Alumni magazine