Research Interest 1
Cell and molecular biology of bone.
- Bone anabolic effects of low dose parathyroid hormone.
- ICAC (Integrated Clinical Arthritis Centre) Grant.
- Investigating the mechanisms of ATP release and interconversion from osteoblasts.
- Regulation of P2Y receptor-mediated Ca2+ transients by membrane potential in arterial smooth muscle cells.
- Investigation of how extracellular nucleotides synergise with growth factors to stimulate gene expression, cell proliferation and neoplastic progression
- Find AKUre.
- ATPBone—Fighting osteoporosis by blocking nucleotides: purinergic signalling in bone formation and homeostasis
- Establishment of an advanced electron microscopy unit.
- The Pathogenesis of Tissue Damage in Alkaptonuria
- High resolution analysis of phenotype in manipulated complex tissues.
- A preclinical feasibility study using recombinant homogentisic acid dehydrogenase as an enzyme replacement therapy for Alkaptonuria
- Nociceptive purinergic P2X receptors in equine laminae and nerves – potential molecular targets for treating laminitis
- Effects of ultrasound on ATP release from human osteoblasts in vitro.
- ATP Binding Cassette (ABC) Transporters in Bone.
- Academic Secretary Grant.
- Investigation of the Mechanisms of Synergy and Consequences of Co-activation of Osteoblasts by Parathyroid Hormone and Extracellular Nucleotides.
- Alkaptonuria PhD student
- DevelopAKUre - Clinical Development of Nitisinone for Alkaptonuria
- Investigation of isoform-specific effects of PTHrP (1-173) in human osteoblasts.
- Initiating events in the pigmentation of connective tissues that is the basis of the genetic disease Alkaptonuria
- Advanced Study of AKU in the Hgd-/-Mouse
- Administration of B.N.A.
- The expression and functional significance of P2 receptor subtypes in normal and pathological bone.
- Assessment of Ochronosis in Ear Biopsies in AKU Patients
- Assessment of Disease Progress in the Rare Disease Alkaptonuria by Quantitative Image Analysis