- Ali OJ, Comerford EJ, Clegg PD, Canty-Laird EG (2018) Variations during ageing in the three-dimensional anatomical arrangement of fascicles within the equine superficial digital flexor tendon. European Cells & Materials 35: 87-102
- Turlo AJ, Kharaz YA, Clegg PD, Anderson J, Peffers MJ. (2018) Donor age affects proteome composition of tenocyte-derived engineered tendon. BMC Biotechnology 18 Article number ARTN 2
- Smith KD, Hayashi K, Clements DN, Clegg PD, Innes JF, Comerford EJ. (2017) Variation in the Quantity of Elastic Fibres with Degeneration in Canine Cranial Cruciate Ligaments from Labrador Retrievers Veterinary and Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology 30(6):398-402
- Pease LI, Clegg PD, Proctor CJ, Shanley DJ, Cockell SJ, Peffers MJ. (2017) Cross platform analysis of transcriptomic data identifies ageing has distinct and opposite effects on tendon in males and females Scientific Reports 7 Article number ARTN 14443 31
- Kharaz YA, Zamboulis D, Sanders K, Comerford E, Clegg P, Peffers M. (2017) Comparison between chaotropic and detergent-based sample preparation workflow in tendon for mass spectrometry analysis Proteomics 17(13-14) Article number ARTN 1700018
- Lee KJ, Clegg PD, Comerford EJ, Canty-Laird EG. (2017) Ligament-Derived Stem Cells: Identification, Characterisation, and Therapeutic Application Stem Cells International Article number ARTN 1919845
- Sarver DC, Kharaz YA, Sugg KB, Gumucio JP, Comerford E, Mendias CL. (2017) Sex Differences in Tendon Structure and Function Journal of Orthopaedic Research 35(10):2117-2126
- Mueller AJ, Canty-Laird EG, Clegg PD, Tew SR. (2017) Cross-species gene modules emerge from a systems biology approach to osteoarthritis. npj Systems Biology and Applications 3,13
- Mueller, A. J., S. R. Tew, O. Vasieva, P. D. Clegg and E. G. Canty-Laird (2016). "A systems biology approach to defining regulatory mechanisms for cartilage and tendon cell phenotypes." Scientific reports 6: 33956.
- Thorpe, C. T., G. P. Riley, H. L. Birch, P. D. Clegg and H. R. Screen (2016). "Fascicles and the interfascicular matrix show adaptation for fatigue resistance in energy storing tendons." Acta Biomater 42: 308-315.
- Peffers, M. J., J. Collins, J. Loughlin, C. Proctor and P. D. Clegg (2016). "A proteomic analysis of chondrogenic, osteogenic and tenogenic constructs from ageing mesenchymal stem cells." Stem Cell Res Ther 7(1): 133.
- Thorpe, C. T., K. J. Karunaseelan, J. Ng Chieng Hin, G. P. Riley, H. L. Birch, P. D. Clegg and H. R. Screen (2016). "Distribution of proteins within different compartments of tendon varies according to tendon type." J Anat 229(3): 450-458.
- Kharaz, Y. A., S. R. Tew, M. Peffers, E. G. Canty-Laird and E. Comerford (2016). "Proteomic differences between native and tissue-engineered tendon and ligament." Proteomics 16(10): 1547-1556.
- Thorpe, C. T., B. T. McDermott, A. E. Goodship, P. D. Clegg and H. L. Birch (2016). "Ageing does not result in a decline in cell synthetic activity in an injury prone tendon." Scand J Med Sci Sports 26(6): 684-693.
- Birch, H. L., M. J. Peffers and P. D. Clegg (2016). "Influence of Ageing on Tendon Homeostasis." Adv Exp Med Biol 920: 247-260.
- Peffers, M. J., K. Goljanek-Whysall, J. Collins, Y. Fang, M. Rushton, J. Loughlin, C. Proctor and P. D. Clegg (2016). "Decoding the Regulatory Landscape of Ageing in Musculoskeletal Engineered Tissues Using Genome-Wide DNA Methylation and RNASeq." PLoS One 11(8): e0160517.
- Thorpe, C. T., M. J. Peffers, D. Simpson, E. Halliwell, H. R. Screen and P. D. Clegg (2016). "Anatomical heterogeneity of tendon: Fascicular and interfascicular tendon compartments have distinct proteomic composition." Scientific reports 6: 20455.
- Thorpe, C. T., E. M. Spiesz, S. Chaudhry, H. R. Screen and P. D. Clegg (2015). "Science in brief: recent advances into understanding tendon function and injury risk." Equine Vet J 47(2): 137-140.
- Williamson, K. A., K. J. Lee, W. J. Humphreys, E. J. Comerford, P. D. Clegg and E. G. Canty-Laird (2015). "Restricted differentiation potential of progenitor cell populations obtained from the equine superficial digital flexor tendon (SDFT)." J Orthop Res 33(6): 849-858.
- Spiesz, E. M., C. T. Thorpe, S. Chaudhry, G. P. Riley, H. L. Birch, P. D. Clegg and H. R. Screen (2015). "Tendon extracellular matrix damage, degradation and inflammation in response to in vitro overload exercise." J Orthop Res 33(6): 889-897.
- Thorpe, C. T., M. S. Godinho, G. P. Riley, H. L. Birch, P. D. Clegg and H. R. Screen (2015). "The interfascicular matrix enables fascicle sliding and recovery in tendon, and behaves more elastically in energy storing tendons." Journal of the mechanical behavior of biomedical materials 52: 85-94.
- Peffers, M. J., Y. Fang, K. Cheung, T. K. Wei, P. D. Clegg and H. L. Birch (2015). "Transcriptome analysis of ageing in uninjured human Achilles tendon." Arthritis Res Ther 17: 33.
- Thorpe, C. T., S. Chaudhry, I. I. Lei, A. Varone, G. P. Riley, H. L. Birch, P. D. Clegg and H. R. C. Screen (2015). "Tendon overload results in alterations in cell shape and increased markers of inflammation and matrix degradation." Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports In press.
- Peffers, M. J., C. T. Thorpe, J. A. Collins, R. Eong, T. K. Wei, H. R. Screen and P. D. Clegg (2014). "Proteomic analysis reveals age-related changes in tendon matrix composition, with age- and injury-specific matrix fragmentation." J Biol Chem 289(37): 25867-25878.
- Thorpe, C. T., G. P. Riley, H. L. Birch, P. D. Clegg and H. R. Screen (2014). "Fascicles from energy-storing tendons show an age-specific response to cyclic fatigue loading." Journal of the Royal Society, Interface / the Royal Society 11(92): 20131058.
- Thorpe, C. T., G. P. Riley, H. L. Birch, P. D. Clegg and H. R. Screen (2014). "Effect of fatigue loading on structure and functional behaviour of fascicles from energy-storing tendons." Acta Biomater 10(7): 3217-3224.
- Smith, R., W. McIlwraith, R. Schweitzer, K. Kadler, J. Cook, B. Caterson, S. Dakin, D. Heinegard, H. Screen, S. Stover, N. Crevier-Denoix, P. Clegg, M. Collins, C. Little, D. Frisbie, M. Kjaer, R. van Weeren, N. Werpy, J. M. Denoix, A. Carr, A. Goldberg, L. Bramlage, M. Smith and A. Nixon (2014). "Advances in the understanding of tendinopathies: a report on the Second Havemeyer Workshop on equine tendon disease." Equine Vet J 46(1): 4-9.
- Smith, K. D., P. D. Clegg, J. F. Innes and E. J. Comerford (2014). "Elastin content is high in the canine cruciate ligament and is associated with degeneration." Vet J 199(1): 169-174.
- Thorpe, C. T., C. Klemt, G. P. Riley, H. L. Birch, P. D. Clegg and H. R. Screen (2013). "Helical sub-structures in energy-storing tendons provide a possible mechanism for efficient energy storage and return." Acta Biomater 9(8): 7948-7956.
- Thorpe, C. T., H. L. Birch, P. D. Clegg and H. R. Screen (2013). "The role of the non-collagenous matrix in tendon function." Int J Exp Pathol 94(4): 248-259.
- Thorpe, C. T., C. P. Udeze, H. L. Birch, P. D. Clegg and H. R. Screen (2013). "Capacity for sliding between tendon fascicles decreases with ageing in injury prone equine tendons: a possible mechanism for age-related tendinopathy?" European cells & materials 25: 48-60.
- Thorpe, C. T., C. P. Udeze, H. L. Birch, P. D. Clegg and H. R. Screen (2012). "Specialization of tendon mechanical properties results from interfascicular differences." Journal of the Royal Society, Interface / the Royal Society 9(76): 3108-3117.
- Clegg, P. D. (2012). "Musculoskeletal disease and injury, now and in the future. Part 2: Tendon and ligament injuries." Equine Vet J 44(3): 371-375.
- Canty-Laird, E. G., Y. Lu and K. E. Kadler (2012). "Stepwise proteolytic activation of type I procollagen to collagen within the secretory pathway of tendon fibroblasts in situ." Biochem J 441(2): 707-717.
- Smith, K. D., A. Vaughan-Thomas, D. G. Spiller, P. D. Clegg, J. F. Innes and E. J. Comerford (2012). "Variations in cell morphology in the canine cruciate ligament complex." Vet J 193(2): 561-566.